Monday 31 December 2012

Season's Grievings

There is something sick in the pit of my stomach
There is something stuck in my chest
There is pain from something I’ve lost
Wound around in place of my heart.   

I search for hope in the clamour of noise
Ban skirts, bring to justice, no short of death
The voices in my head are out on the streets
Did you hear what I said?

Scream in a dream and be done with rage
Breathe in silence, find your answer
Mistress of my own destiny?
Permission please to walk this way.

Read aloud, talk nonstop
Wring my hands in the air if I must
Be like the lotus, flowering among the filth
Smile through the worst for something to give

Stay calm, hold still, this will hurt a bit
Walk away and wait for dawn to break
Nothing happy about this New Year
Can tomorrow be another day?

No comments:

Post a Comment